Positive Thinking ...........

OK -- if I think a lot of happy thoughts, can I get these flowers abloomin'????

I go through this EVERY year ........ it's that agony thing.  The thrill of victory comes once everything is up and blooming their pretty little heads off!

So I will  tempt you with things to come ........  and let me make this perfectly clear....................

WE DON'T HAVE FLOWERS YET!  

Soon but not yet.  :( 

I'm disappointed too!

Photo from Park Seed

This is Scabiosa or pincushion flower.  This is a perennial variety .... rather short-lived ..... that I am super excited about!  It has larger flowers than the Butterfly Blue variety .... stronger stems than most of the annuals.  It is called Fama Blue.



This is a new-to-me variety of snapdragons called Twinny Appleblossom.  It is shorter than most of the snaps that I use.  It grows 12-16" tall.  But I love the ruffled petals.  And look at that color!!!  If you know me at all, you know that I couldn't resist!!!!



I wasn't going to grow Green Trick dianthus this year.  I was disappointed in its performance last year .. and decided it wasn't worth the investment.  (Yea!  Like a major drought didn't have something to do with that!!!!)


But I ran into some fabulous finished plants ..... and I was all over it!!!!



I also tripled the number of glads I planted.  So hopefully, you will enjoy them as much as I do!!!




And finally, our lily beds need a serious re-do.  They have been picked hard ... they are growing in too much shade.  And I am totally unhappy with their performance the past couple of years.  As we all know, I can not live with out my lilies .........  I planted a brand new bed in the main cutting garden.  We will have to be careful cutting them this year.  Hopefully, we will be moving some of the bulbs and figuring out our needs later this summer.

I have wasted enough time!  The annoying drizzle seems to be ending and I can at least get some containers planted.

And yes ............. we will be opening for the season soon.

Hopefully, I haven't gone completely crazy by then!!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts